Newton By The Numbers
Displays of public art & sculpture
Check out the 2017 Scholarship Book!
Application available for 9th-12th grade, but awards not given until verification of achievements at the end of senior year
Amount: Each college/university that participates offers different awards for different achievements.
Deadline: Varies by college/university
Start your profile today at Raise.Me!
Students who age out of Iowa's foster care system, age out of the Iowa State Training School, or who are adopted from foster care after the age of 16 may qualify for the All Iowa Opportunity Foster Care Grant program. This grant can be used for any college expenses including tuition, fees, books and supplies, dorms and off-campus housing, meal plans, transportation, and personal living expenses. For the application and more information, click here.
Amount: Up to $9,000 each year
Deadline: Application available Jan. 1st through Dec. 1st each year
Scholarship: Hy-Vee Foundation Scholarship
· High school senior that is working for Hy-Vee or subsidiary who began employment in or before September 15, 2018 or a high school senior son and or daughter of a full, regular or part-time Hy-Vee or subsidiary employee who has a minimum of six months employment as of September 15, 2017.
· Must be enrolling in college for the first time and be planning to attend an accredited two year school being that they will then further their schooling at a four year school to obtain their bachelors degree.
· Must take the ACT.
Deadline: February 8, 2019
Scholarship: Horatio Alger Iowa Scholarship
· Enrolled full-time as a high school senior in Iowa.
· Must intend to pursue a bachelor’s degree at the University of Iowa (May start at a 2 year institution and transfer to U of Iowa).
· Critical financial need (preferable $50,000 or less adjusted gross income per family).
· Minimum GPA of 2.0
· United States citizen.
· Involvement in co-curricular & community service activities.
· Apply on-line at: https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/about-our-scholarship-programs/
Deadline: October 25, 2018
Scholarship: Elks National Foundation-Legacy Awards
· Must be a senior high school student.
· Must be a child or grandchild of a living Elk.
· Must have taken ACT or SAT by December 31, 2018.
Deadline: February 1, 2019
Scholarship: Iowa State Univ. – Christina Hixson Awards
· Plan to attend Iowa State University.
· Students must have faced challenges of personal and/or financial hardship.
· Possess the potential to succeed.
· Demonstrate financial need as determined by filing the FAFSA.
· Must be a resident of Iowa.
· Applications available online at Christina Hixson Application
Amount: Half tuition to ISU.
Deadline: December 15, 2018
Scholarship: B. Davis Scholarship
Deadline: May 24, 2019
Scholarship: Iowa School of Beauty
One $2,500 scholarships per high school for cosmetology, massage therapy, and esthetics.
Scholarship: Hagan Scholarship
· ACT score of 23 or higher and a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
· File the FAFSA and have an EFC of $7,500 or less
· Have a part time job amounting to 240 hours or more in the 12 months leading up to college entrance
· Plan to attend an eligible four year college/university
Amount: $1,000 to $40,000 per year
Deadline: November 15, 2018
Scholarship: Pearl Hull Falk Scholarship
Deadline: May 1, 2019
Iowa School Counselor Association High School Senior Scholarship
Flavorful Futures Scholarship
Applications must meet ALL the following criteria:
Due: February 15, 2019
Scholarship: Key Cooperative Community Scholarship
Deadline: March 29, 2019
We're looking for a 1500-word essay or 2-minute video addressing the following questions:
Deadline: December 31, 2018
New Century FS Scholarship
This scholarship program is meant to encourage area students to prepare for a career in agriculture or agribusiness and to provide college financial assistance to dependents of New Century employees or customers.
Deadline: Feb. 1, 2019
Scholarship: Iowa Automobile Dealers Foundation for Education
Amount: 15 $2,000 scholarships.
Deadline: March 1, 2019
Scholarship: Iowa Financial Know How
Deadline: February 22, 2019
Displays of public art & sculpture
Whether you’re raising a family, starting a business or building a home — you’ll want to get to know Newton. Our community vision statement is “Newton Shines Bright: Newton is a progressive, family friendly community, a shining star of Central Iowa, and a place to call home.”